Monday, July 26, 2010

{Rosy Ramble} Monday Blog

So to start off this week I got to meet my boyfriend's dad. He's a pretty nice guy. A lot better than my boyfriend's mom who should have been forced to give up her children. She's not nice and not a mother, I mean what mom tells their child who is trying to get back on his feet that she's leaving and he needs to find a new home but doesn't help him move. Whatever just one of those things.

So my boyfriend is going to buy a car from his dad because his dad's girlfriend is nice enough to sell it to Brett for a very decent price. She figures that if they tried to sell it to someone else then they could get an extra $1,000 but she knows Brett is trying to get back on his feet, he's working and he wants to go back to school. She's one of those people it would make her feel better to better Brett's life than to have an extra thousand in his hand. I really respect her and that's very hard to do. She has morals which is kind of hard to find in the area I live in. She respects herself and respects her body. She's one of those people that thinks it's better to leave something to the imagination instead of dress like a stripper. I also respect her for not settling on being a stripper. She is trying to find honest work instead of taking off her cloths for strangers. She has a good head on her shoulders and it's nice to see that in someone. Even though she is my age and Brett's dad is almost my parent's age they seem good for each other and Brett said that he has never seen his dad happier.

Next, I put in an order to Sephora last night. My grandma got a $50 gift certificate with her credit card points. It was one of those certificates that needed to be used online, but because it was for $50 I didn't mind because once you hit 50 it's free shipping. I had another gift card that I received from a friend that wasn't going to use it. I almost got the four in one palette that has like 50 eye shadows, but I really wanted NARS' Deep Throat blush more and I wanted to get more for my money than just a palette. The palette was $29.50 and I know I can get is soon I just had things that I wanted more. Not to mention I had to look at what I would use more. I have a huge palette I got for my birthday from another friend and I barely use it, but the things I got I've wanted for even longer than a palette. I also got the Urban Decay Pocket Rocket lip gloss in Colin. I wasn't sure about the color, it's like an orange red but the packaging was too cute to pass up and I've been wanting one of them for a long time. I love the name, I love the hot men on it, and the puppy was just too cute. I also got a sample of Doug so I'll get to try him too. I got 5 lip balms in total. I got a Stack-able Dylan's Candy bar lip balm in 4 different flavors. And then a lip balm with SPF in it. I wasn't a huge fan of the samples I got, but that's ok. I don't always uses the samples and they are free so it wasn't a loss.

So for this week I have planned that I'm going to sign up for classes. I have to retake the College Algebra test one more time to see if I can skip a course, but if I don't get to skip, I'm not going to be upset. I've studied and if I don't get it then I need this extra course. It's just one of those things. I'm taking 4 courses and that's perfect for me. I think that 4 is going to be just enough I'm going to have homework but not so much that I'm going to be bogged down. I'm going to take Comp I which is pretty much English, World Religion which actually covers 2 credits, I'm going to take either Psychology or Sociology which I took both in High School and loved, and finally whatever Math Course I end up in which is either Intermediate Math or College Algebra. It's nice to feel like I'm a college student. I've always been one to work hard at school even if I wasn't succeeding at a certain course I would do everything to succeed in that course. I'm just one of those people that felt like school was the most important thing as a student. Yeah I missed out on being a teenager, but I'd rather be smart than have a ton of friends and party all the time. I wanted to be one of those people that would get smart jokes and could dish it back. I feel like some people will never have that because they either just wanted to skim by or didn't think that they would use this stuff outside of school. And don't get me wrong, there are things that you will never use (unless you're going into my field).

Anyways so that was pretty much my day and that's what I plan for my week. Hopefully you guys had a good day today and have a good day tomorrow.

Brittany Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment